Labels

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year - New Paths

What do YOU want in 2011? I know what I want. I want more balance, more inner peace, and focus on what is essential in life.

I've begun the year with the inclusion of a lifestyle transition into a path of health, enjoyment of existence in a moment-to-moment basis, and celebration of my being. It all may sound a tad self-centered, but it is not. Love for others, after all, resides within us first. If we do not have respect for our essence, sincere admiration is unable to emerge for those around us.

In 2011, I want to:
-bask in the sunrise and sunset of moments, not days
-giggle at my great and insignificant insecurities
-embrace my imperfections, which are perfect
- be rigorously attentive
- feel joy 'from my liver-outwards' (from Eat, Pray, Love)
- listen to the music in the breeze, in my loved ones' laughter, in silence
- find a quiet space in my mind
- abandon unneeded noise in my material surroundings
- awaken my passions
- learn from everything and everyone
- love and support family, friends, the earth
- witness and be able to capture with my lens the indescribable beauty that lies within human beings

This list grows and morphs as days go by.... I made it a point to get out and see the sunset the last day of 2010. And in that moment, I blew my troubles, insecurities, fears into the sky in a kiss. If you did not do so, here's your chance:




I kiss you good-bye, 2010. Thank you for the transitions and lessons you brought. Thank you for paving the path for 2011, a year of great discoveries and great stories. Much love and acceptance to all! xxoo

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment